Tweet Library Release Notes
← Back to Tweet Library home
Version 2.3 (5/3/2013)
- Updated to version 1.1 of the Twitter API. This is a required update.
- Performance improvements. More responsive to taps when loading tweets.
- Redesigned calendar to be a thin bar along the top for quick month filtering (and now available on iPhone too).
- Updated the app to use a lighter, clearer design. Improved spacing on tweet profile icons and text.
- Added Storify as a separate choice when publishing a collection, without having to go to the settings app first.
- Added shortcuts to text view for swiping left/right to move the text cursor (or use 2 fingers to swipe a word at a time).
- Added swipe right in main timeline to show collections view.
- Fixed missing "Remove" button on the iPhone when editing tweets in a collection.
- Fixed showing Twitter download errors when in airplane mode.
- Fixed issues saving Tweet Marker position after scrolling.
- Improved final progress screen in the new Twitter .zip archive import.
- Fixed crash when importing large archive files.
- Fixed problems cancelling an import.
- Added import for Twitter's new archive format via Dropbox. Tap the blue arrow button next to Archive.
- Added swipe left to view conversation. Swipe right to go back.
- Improved performance when loading and scrolling tweets.
- Fixed crashes and other minor display issues.
- Updated to support iPhone 5's new screen and iOS 6.
- Fixed compatibility problems with Twitter's API changes.
- Fixed bugs with gap detection and Tweet Marker syncing.
- Fixed itunes.apple.com links.
- Improved performance. The first time you open the app, it will need to upgrade the database.
Version 2.0.3 (5/1/2012)
- Improved tweet layout to use more traditional large profile pictures and tweet text aligned with username.
- Added swipe left and right gesture on title bar to switch between Timeline, Mentions, and Messages.
- Fixed publishing to Storify. You can choose tweetlibrary.com or storify.com in the Settings app.
- Fixed height of tweet rows shifting after scrolling.
- Updated settings to reference "Pocket" instead of Read It Later.
Version 2.0.2 (2/15/2012)
- Updated graphics for retina display on the new iPad.
- Twitter lists now include native retweets.
- Added "Tiny" font size preference.
- Fixed exported CSV file not saving.
- Fixed retweeted name and other text shifting after scrolling.
Version 2.0.1 (2/15/2012)
- Fixed Twitter searches not showing new tweets until you switch collections.
- Fixed accidental gaps at the bottom of newly-loaded lists, forcing an extra refresh.
- Fixed tap in status bar to scroll to top of source list on iPad.
- Fixed loading pane not hiding when switching collections during a refresh.
- Fixed user popover position when tapping on a username inside the tweet text.
- Improved scrolling performance in the tweet list.
- Allow dragging on the slide-out pane.
- Changed keyboard to include @ and # keys for posting new tweets.
Version 2.0 (2/14/2012)
- Requires iOS 5. Do not update yet if you are running iOS 4.
- Now a universal app that works on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
- Added publishing to Storify. The default is still tweetlibrary.com, but it can be changed in the Settings app.
- Added support for Twitter's photo upload.
- Added support for saving web pages to Pinboard.
- Added status bar for showing recent network activity to Twitter and Tweet Marker.
- Changed pull-to-refresh for Archive to download everything it can, to help fill in gaps. Scheduled background refreshes still attempt to load just new tweets.
- Changed photo upload to attach a photo and only upload it when you send the tweet. A space is added in between the tweet text and the photo URL.
- Changed hashtag links to push a new search results view instead of selecting New Search in the source list.
- Changed filter bar to use an on/off switch for muting tweets.
- Changed username lookup to use an inline pane with autocomplete.
- Changed favorite menu star to yellow when a tweet has already been favorited.
- Updated remaining characters to reflect that URLs will be shortened by Twitter.
- Fixed not cleaning out old tweets from friends. Now keeps 8000 latest tweets in timeline/mentions/lists, 2000 from searches. Always keeps your own tweets, favorites, retweets, and collections forever.
- Fixed problems restoring the scroll position after viewing a conversation or web page.
- Fixed export command not actually creating the file.
- Fixed bug loading older tweets from the network, crashes when refreshing a filtered timeline, and more.
- Removed custom twtlib.com URL shortener. Existing URLs for published collections will continue to work.
- Many layout and button adjustments for more consistency between iPad and iPhone.
Version 1.4.2 (12/5/2011)
- Added new alternate tweet menu (tap and hold on a tweet) with Copy Link, Copy Text, and Send via Email commands.
- Now updates the archive when your own tweets show up in the timeline.
- Improved scroll position and Tweet Marker syncing.
- Fixed losing the tweet selection after scrolling or refreshing tweets.
- Fixed Instapaper and Read It Later sign-in for some password characters.
- Fixed tweet not showing favorite status right away after marking a favorite.
Version 1.4.1 (11/21/2011)
- Fixed crash closing and re-opening the app (often after authorization) when viewing some collections or conversations.
- Fixed crash saving Tweet Marker for empty collections, and recovering from some unexpected errors.
- Fixed crash tapping on tweets while the timeline is refreshing.
Version 1.4 (11/19/2011)
- Added Tweet Marker last-read syncing. Enable it in the Settings app, and visit http://tweetmarker.net/ for more information.
- Added "Open in Safari" command for conversations to link to the tweetlibrary.com conversation view.
- Added Camera+, Twitter photos, and Mlkshk to the default Pictures filter, with inline thumbnails and image popover.
- Updated "Send via Mail" command to use HTML email with a CSV file attachment.
- Added paging "dots" under calendar view, now limited to 18 months back. All tweets still available by scrolling or searching.
- Faster to switch between timeline, mentions, and other big collections. Tweet Library will do a one-time upgrade of its database on launch.
- Faster to go back from a conversation or web page.
- Faster to use pull-to-refresh.
- Faster to load calendar picker.
- Fixed iTunes links so they open in the App Store via Safari.
- Fixed stuck toolbar when cancelling a batch copy from a conversation.
- Fixed long collection titles not properly truncating in title bar.
- Fixed crash emailing or exporting huge collections. Emails are now truncated at 5000 tweets.
- Fixed crash tapping links in some old tweets.
Version 1.3.2 (7/18/2011)
- Added more recent users to the Insert Username popover.
- Added swipe to right as a shortcut for view conversation.
- Fixed bug not hiding the organize button when viewing web page.
- Fixed reply command not working for some tweets.
- Fixed not correctly loading profile images for timeline and accounts list.
- Fixed truncated URLs when expanding from t.co shortener.
Version 1.3.1 (7/6/2011)
- Updated to OAuth for direct message access, as required by Twitter. When authorization fails, you will be prompted to sign in to your account in Safari.
- Expands t.co URLs to show the original full URL.
- Improved search and filters to match inside the expanded version of a t.co URL.
- Improved inline picture thumbnails to work properly for t.co URLs.
- Improved refresh to download more tweets (fewer gaps and scroll restore issues).
- Improved performance of Insert Username by clearing recent usernames on launch.
- Fixed pull-to-refresh header from disappearing.
- Fixed show conversation from also copying the tweet URL.
- Fixed organize button from disappearing when in the conversation view.
- Fixed recognizing gaps in the timeline to be less fragile with many retweets.
- Fixed a highlighting problem for linked names and hashtags.
Version 1.3 (5/21/2011)
- Added pull-to-refresh and removed reload toolbar button.
- Changed the web browser to fill the right pane instead of a popover.
- Improved refresh performance with faster JSON parsing.
- Improved performance of downloading Twitter lists.
- Improved error messages, and retry requests for mentions when Twitter returns an error.
- Improved gaps to show inline spinner when loading.
- Fixed tweet status IDs to correct a bug introduced in a previous version of Tweet Library. The app will download your tweets, favorites, and retweets again going back to November 2010 for affected accounts, then update the database.
- Fixed post tweet button to become disabled if tweet text is over 140 characters.
- Fixed double loading of saved searches and lists on startup.
- Fixed bug that could prevent older mentions and list tweets from loading.
- Fixed double-loading of tweets in the timeline sometimes after switching between apps.
- Load fewer direct messages and mentions at a time to minimize Twitter errors.
Version 1.2.2 (3/3/2011)
- Added Block, Report Spam, Safari, and Mention buttons to user profile.
- Added tweet URL to emailed collections.
- Improved tweet sorting so that retweets show up when they were retweeted instead of originally tweeted.
- Improved favorites and retweets download to retry after Twitter server errors (fewer 502s).
- Improved Instagram thumbnails to use official API.
- Fixed publishing for tweets that contained some special characters.
- Fixed shorten links command for some URLs.
- Fixed small memory leak when posting.
- Fixed pictures cache to cleanup older images.
Version 1.2.1 (2/15/2011)
- Fixed maintaining scroll position when refreshing multiple pages of new tweets.
- Fixed gap detection in Twitter lists.
- Fixed automatic refresh when launching the app after it hasn't been used recently.
- Fixed publishing collection names that contained slashes.
- Fixed shorten links command for long URLs.
- Fixed blank date button after tapping from a saved search to a conversation and back to the timeline.
- Improved Twitter lists to update if they've been renamed or deleted.
- Improved link highlighting to recognize more URLs.
- Improved date button to look selected when pressed.
Version 1.2 (1/24/2011)
- Added img.ly, twitgoo.com, yfrog.us, and imgur.com to inline thumbnails and default Pictures filter.
- Added photo upload option for Yfrog and TwitPic.
- Added setting to use Read It Later when saving links.
- Added "Undo Publish" command to remove collections from tweetlibrary.com.
- Show "gaps" in the timeline, with tap to load missing tweets in the gap.
- Disable tweet button while tweet is being posted to prevent accidental double taps.
- Increased the default font size, which is now the "medium" of 3 font size choices in the Settings app.
- Increased the web browser popover view size a little.
- Improved responsiveness when typing in the search box.
- Improved performance for many areas of the app while saving and refreshing tweets.
- Moved the "Insert Username" command into the main posting menu where people can find it.
- Always update your tweet in the timeline after posting.
- Fixed incorrect tweet IDs for some new tweets, which caused broken conversations and URL copying. The next version will attempt to update any bad tweets in the local database.
- Fixed incorrectly retweeting/favoriting an existing retweet.
- Fixed email window switching to portrait when cancelled.
- Fixed not saving last selected collection and position when switching to background.
- Fixed user profile images not updating to the latest image.
- Fixed incorrect inline thumbnails for tweetphoto.com and plixi.com.
- Fixed calendar months not always going back to beginning of current collection.
- Fixed local search spinning after a search completed and better downloading more local search results.
- Fixed Safari and Instapaper buttons not respecting current web page after following links.
- Fixed saving date on DMs for regions outside the US.
Version 1.1.1 (11/16/2010)
- Fixed incorrect tweet text wrapping bug that was introduced in 1.1.
Version 1.1 (11/12/2010)
- Added your own Twitter lists in addition to lists you follow.
- Added flic.kr, instagr.am, and plixi.com to pictures filter and inline thumbnails.
- Added multitasking support for iOS 4.2.
- Added shorten links command when composing a tweet.
- Added colored badge in corner of tweet for favorites and retweets.
- Improved retweet confirmation alert to include username.
- Improved tweet text display and line wrapping.
- Fixed initial download sometimes stopping short of 3200.
- Fixed bug refreshing timeline that caused some new tweets not to appear at the top.
- Fixed bug cleaning up older tweets from the timeline (keeps recent 5000 now, 1000 for search, and everything you posted or collected).
- Fixed difficulty tapping in filter to edit query text.
- Fixed web links being difficult to tap.
- Fixed not being able to follow a conversation from a Twitter search result.
- Fixed collections not highlighting right away when you tap them.
- Fixed duplicate saved search when updating the query text.
- Fixed copy short URL button after a publish sometimes copying the full URL.
- Fixed duplicate and unnecessary errors when loading the embedded web browser.
- Changed menu on messages to just show DM or public reply commands.
- Changed direct message posting header to "DM:" instead of "To:".
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 1.0 (10/5/2010)
- Initial release to the App Store.