Wii Transfer Release Notes
← Back to Wii Transfer home
Versions 2.7.2 (8/14/2011)
- Fixed Mii images appearing blank.
Versions 2.7.1 (2/2/2010)
- Fixed crash on Mac OS X 10.4.
- Fixed saving some video quality preferences.
Versions 2.7 (1/19/2010)
- Updated movie quality conversion settings for smooth streaming to the Wii. There is now a default "recommended" choice that produces better playback of feature-length movies to the Wii, and more options for customizing the quality. You will need to reconvert any movies to see the changes.
- Updated support for more movie formats when processing audio.
- Added a setting for controlling shared bookmarks, or turning them off for all browsers.
- Removed the "Convert for SD card" feature, which was not consistently reliable on the Wii.
- Plus bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Versions 2.6.3 (4/2/2009)
- Added right-click on a Mii to open it in MyAvatarEditor.com.
- Fixed missing audio in some movie files and improved movie format support.
- Fixed missing artists and albums if their songs were not in a playlist.
- Fixed problem loading Miis twice from a file.
Versions 2.6.2 (2/11/2009)
- Fixed many Mii issues such as aborted sessions, unending and slow renders without an error, better status messages, and problems copying Miis a second time.
- Save Mii data to Miis.plist file in Application Support folder. This file can be dragged to Wii Transfer's app icon to render later without Bluetooth.
- Increment music play count in iTunes when playing a song from the Wii.
- Fixed memory errors in picture slideshow with new implementation (for playing with no background music only).
- Removed small picture number buttons in slideshow, and removed some slideshow preferences (always uses fade).
- Cached movies pane is updated on startup to reflect movie files that were deleted elsewhere.
- Fixed progress bar when finishing streaming movie processing.
- Improved Wii screens to include breadcrumb-style navigation, full width lists, remember movies thumbnails or list view, and fixed scrolling on player lists.
- Fixed SD card export if cancelled, and improved SD card error messages.
- Reorganized preferences window into tabs and added preference for iTunes and iPhoto XML files for when Wii Transfer cannot find the correct iTunes or iPhoto libraries.
- Upgraded Perian and FFMPEG to latest versions with bug fixes and better movie format support, used internally for some conversion.
Version 2.6.1 (9/2/2008)
- Updated streaming movie quality settings for better playback performance.
- Fixed possible blank Mii rendering on some computers.
Version 2.6 (8/12/2008)
- Copy Miis to your Mac and save them as JPEG images.
- Added support for even more movie formats, including most MOV, AVI, MPEG4, H.264, and DivX.
- New movie conversion interface for easily finding movies in iTunes, iPhoto, and your Movies folder.
- Settings to restrict music and photos to specific iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums.
- Improved movie playback including skipping directly to any point on the timeline.
- Batch conversion for processing multiple movies for streaming.
- Preference to change the cache location for converted movies, and ability to delete unused movies.
- Many bug fixes and usability improvements.
Version 2.5.2 (10/31/2007)
- Improved movie conversion to use 2-pass encoding for more consistent performance.
- Updated movie streaming quality settings for better audio.
- Movie controller now auto-hides when no Wii remote activity.
- Fixed case-sensitivity when filtering MP3 and AAC file extensions.
- Added log file to help troubleshoot conversion errors.
- Fixed help showing blank page.
- Fixed UI glitches on Leopard.
- Additional minor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 2.5.1 (9/24/2007)
- Fixed crash when trying to convert movies that did not have a sound track.
- Fixed errors converting movies on PowerPC Macs.
Version 2.5 (9/20/2007)
- Movie streaming with drag-and-drop Flash video conversion.
- Set background music for picture sharing.
- Browse Safari and Firefox bookmarks on your Wii.
- Revised user interface and more options.
- Much more efficient saved game backups algorithm.
- Search your music from the Wii.
- Use the Wiimote control pad up/down arrows to navigate sharing interface. Right arrow to follow a link.
- iLife '08 compatibility.
- Other bug fixes and minor improvements.
Version 2.3.2 (7/28/2007)
- Fixed broken "Require password" preference.
- Fixed missing images when not using iPhoto's "Copy files to iPhoto" preference.
- Added new "Bubbles" transition choice to picture sharing.
- Movie conversion uses less memory while processing files.
- Improved compatibility with connecting to Wii Transfer from outside the local network.
- Improved reliability of finding album cover artwork.
- New bookmark link and instructions for registered users.
- Increased maximum photos per iPhoto album to 2000.
- Additional bug fixes and minor improvements.
Version 2.3.1 (6/27/2007)
- Fixed AAC files from being cut off the first time they are played.
- Start playing music before a song has finished loading.
- Fixed up-button on Wii remote for playlists screen, corrected remaining seconds display, and other minor UI improvements.
- ...plus AAC support and the redesigned Wii interface from version 2.3.
Version 2.3 (6/19/2007)
- Support for unprotected AAC files, including iTunes Plus tracks from the iTunes Music Store.
- Use the Nintendo Wii remote control buttons to navigate to the next song without pointing at the television.
- Improved music player interface.
- Shuffle the contents of iTunes playlists.
- Fixed broken playback of some MP3s with cover album art.
- Fixed missing album cover artwork for non-English versions of iTunes.
- Updated latest list of game codes so that correct titles will show in backup pane.
- Minor improvements to layout on Wii when playing music.
- Fixed fast auto-scrolling of track list.
- Changed bookmark location to use wiitransfer.com domain. Existing favorites will still work.
Version 2.2 (2/14/2007)
- iTunes playlist support! Wii Transfer automatically finds your playlists that contain MP3s.
- Added preference to control whether images are cropped to fit the full television screen or shown in full but with black bars.
- Now choose between image transition effects for picture sharing.
- Added music browsing by album.
- Redesigned music player controls with larger buttons and text.
- Now looks for videos marked as podcasts in iTunes rather than rely on genre.
- Added preference to control automatic letterboxing for widescreen movies.
- Album cover artwork now has reflections, and playlists get collage of cover images.
- Fixed conflict with other applications such as Slim Server that use port 9000, and allow changing the port number.
- Fixed display of unicode characters in sharing interface on Wii.
- Fixed problem using aliases to the iTunes Music and iPhoto folders.